As a plaintiff, you have a right to know about the safest, no-risk option available to get the money you need now to relieve financial pressures. A litigant waiting for a settlement or judgment from a lawsuit can qualify for a cash advance ranging from $500 to $50,000 for a personal injury case.
Lifeline Legal Funding is structured and funded to handle the financial risk associated with litigation that you, as an individual cannot.
This brief document is designed to help you if:
• You are a plaintiff in a personal injury lawsuit.
• You are waiting for payment from a judgment or settlement.
• You need a low-risk option to obtain cash during the legal process that doesn’t require your personal credit to secure a loan.
Why do plaintiffs come to Lifeline Legal Funding for legal funding?
It is no secret that wealthy defendants – including insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, manufacturers selling faulty products and transportation companies, among others – can afford to have entire teams of lawyers on call to handle lawsuits. Their job is to make lawsuits “go away” if they can, protect the reputation of the defendant, and keep settlements and judgments as low as possible.
You may have already been in court and seen their tactics. In fact, you may have been shocked to find a defendant’s lawyer trying to imply that you were at least partially responsible for the injury (personal or financial) that is at the center of your lawsuit. If the defendant’s lawyers see they are on the losing end of the argument – and often they realize that right from the start – they may try another tactic. They simply use the already slow judicial system to delay a resolution, with endless filings, continuances and other perfectly legal strategies to postpone a fair resolution.
The simple truth is the defendant often can pay less by hiring high-priced lawyers to play the game and wear you down than by giving you the fair settlement you deserve in a timely way. If your lawyer is confident you have a solid case, then he or she has most likely agreed to handle your lawsuit on a contingency basis. This means your attorney’s payment for legal services is a percentage of the money you receive at the conclusion of the trial. Taking a case on a contingency basis means your lawyer has a lot of confidence in your case and will work very hard to win, or there will be no fee. Since deep-pocket defendants can “buy time” with legal ploys and delays, plaintiffs are often pressured financially, because medical bills and other expenses – not to mention lost wages – add up to a budget stretched beyond its limits.
This, in turn, can cause a lot of emotional strain on the family. What your lawyer needs, in order to get you the best settlement or fairest trial, is time. Just as the defendants can “buy time,” so can you. Lawsuit funding from Lifeline Legal Funding allows you to get relief from financial pressure so you do not have to settle your case simply because you need whatever money you can get now.
What are the alternatives?
People who need funds while waiting for a lawsuit to be resolved and a fair settlement to be paid have a few options, but some carry more risk than others.
• You can use your own credit cards. This is an expensive alternative and can actually put you even more at risk if the lawsuit takes longer than you anticipate to be settled. You still have to pay your monthly credit card bills. And you could wind up owing money you are not able to repay.
• You can borrow money from friends or family. This also is high risk, especially if, in the end, you cannot wait for a fair outcome. You will still owe your friends or family, and you may not have the money to pay them back.
• You can take out a bank loan. Banks do not generally make loans against future settlements on personal injury cases, but may offer a personal line of credit to individuals, based on their financial situations and credit worthiness. Often, plaintiffs are not in a strong enough financial position to qualify for this type of “signature” loan. Even if you do qualify, you have to start paying back a bank loan right away and continue making payments until it is paid off, no matter when you receive your settlement and even if you lose your case and receive no money.
• You can obtain a home equity loan or second mortgage. This option is extremely risky. If for some reason you do not win your case, you could lose your home.
• In all cases where you have to qualify for personal financing based at least in part on your credit history, you must consider the possible consequences in the future.
The best option is a cash advance from Lifeline Legal Funding – the totally safe, secure, no-risk solution. You only repay if and when you win your case. This protects your assets and any needless jeopardy to your credit history.
How is Lifeline Legal Funding different than other legal funding companies?
Choosing a solid, reputable company like Lifeline Legal Funding to secure your funding is essential. We have sufficient funds to write you a check immediately. If you qualify for your first advance, and need additional funds later, Lifeline Legal Funding will have ready funds available when you need them, up to your qualifying amount.
In addition, Lifeline Legal Funding has developed a system to get fast approval for lawsuit and settlement cash advances to plaintiffs – often in as little as 24 hours. In addition, once you are approved, we can wire the money to the account designated on the same day the advance is authorized. Lifeline Legal Funding has gained an excellent reputation with lawyers and plaintiffs alike as a result of fast, dependable service. Lifeline Legal Funding offers a simple one-price structure, with no up-front costs and no hidden fees or extras to pay.